Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Introduction to Grow Biointensive
Saturday, February 23, 2013 from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
GROW BIOINTENSIVE is a whole-system approach to gardening and farming that builds soil fertility in a relatively short time, so that fertilizer inputs (other than compost) become unnecessary, or almost so, thereby making the garden and farm as sustainable as possible. Learn the principles of double-digging, composting and soil-building, intensive planting, companion planting, carbon farming (compost crops), calorie farming, and open pollinated seeds. Taught by Carol Cox, who managed the Research Garden at Ecology Action for nearly twenty years. Now she and her neighbors in the middle of Willits are collaborating on a community garden in the empty lot next door.
When & Where
Common Ground Garden Supply and Education Center
Creating Abundance in Community
- hands-on classes and events in organic gardening and sustainable lifestyles
- seeds and plant starts - hundreds of edible, medicinal, native and ornamental varieties
- organic composts, fertilizers and mulches - a broad selection
- tools and natural disease and pest control products - the highest quality
- books, magazines, cards, and gift items
- volunteer opportunities and new friends.